National Seniors Day 2022
This Saturday, October 1, 2021 is National Seniors Day!
It’s a day for Canadians to recognize the profound contributions and value our seniors bring to our families, communities, and workplaces. It’s a day to celebrate our seniors and let them know how much we respect them and care for them.
Here are some things you can do for National Seniors Day:
- Call a senior in your life and have a chat either by phone or video call
- Send a card or postcard in the mail and surprise them with a letter
- Visit that important senior in your life and go for a walk outside, play a game of cards, or have lunch together
- Do something kind for a senior in your life. Do chores, run errands, or cook them dinner
- Sit down with and look at old photos together and remember some good times!
- Learn more about your family history. Speak with your elders and learn about their lives. Learn where you come from
- Smile and just say “hi”
THANK YOU, seniors for your wisdom and love and for the impact you have in all of our lives!