Menno Place Memo
To: All Residents, Staff & Families of Menno Place
Re: Primrose Gardens, Terrace West & Terrace East Self-Isolation Period Lifted Sunday, August 30th, 2020
Date: Saturday, August 29, 2020
As of Saturday, August 29th, NO residents of Primrose Gardens and Terrace West Independent Living Apartments and Terrace East Assisted Living Apartments have tested positive or are exhibiting COVID-19 symptoms.
The self isolation period for these residents will be lifted on Sunday, August 30th, 2020 at 9:00am.
- Residents are permitted to leave their suites and go outdoors if they are feeling well.
- Masks must be worn in indoor public spaces, and outdoors if a physical distance of 6 feet cannot be maintained. Residents, family and friends are no longer required to wear a mask outdoors on the Menno Place campus as long as they remain 6 feet apart.
- Registered Visitors of Primrose Gardens and Terrace West may resume their visits and deliveries as before. Indoor masks and hand hygiene required.
- Residents of Primrose Gardens, Terrace West & Terrace East may resume walks to Mill Lake, shopping, appointments, and short visits to family members’ homes as before. Masks must be worn and a physical distance of 6 feet must be maintained. Any gatherings off campus may not be larger than 50 people. We encourage residents not to attend large gatherings if possible.
- Meals in the dining room will resume next week. Invitations will be issued as before.
- Your safe, physically distanced outdoor visit on the Menno Place campus is a no-touch visit. No holding hands, shaking hands, back rubbing, hugging, kissing, or touching.
- Every visitor is expected to practice hand hygiene. You should bring your own hand sanitizer with you so that you can clean your hands before and after your visit with your loved one.
- Only Registered Visitors may enter the apartment buildings. You must wear your ID badge to enter. There are NO visitors inside Terrace East. If a visitor needs to use the restroom, there is a porta-potty available near Terrace East at the Living Waters Garden. You must hand-sanitize after use.
- Residents: If you are going off of the Menno Place campus, keep yourself safe. Avoid crowds and practice hand hygiene. Always bring a mask and a personal sized hand sanitizer with you. Minimize the number of indoor events you go to each week (once per week is a reasonable number). Keep a physical distance of 6 feet between you and others. Sharing car rides should only be done with masks on.
- Continue to Self-Screen and report any symptoms to staff immediately:
Do you have new onset of any of these symptoms:
|Fever||Sore throat or painful swallowing||Muscle aches|
|Cough||Loss of sense of smell||Fatigue|
|Shortness of breath||Loss of sense of taste||Nausea and/or vomiting|
|Headache||Loss of appetite||Diarrhea|
Do you have any of these risk factors?
|Been in close contact with anyone diagnosed with laboratory-confirmed COVID-19 or anyone who has been to the US in the past two weeks?|
|Been advised to self-isolate or quarantine at home by public health or a medical doctor/nurse?|
|Been in hospital for more than 12 hours?|
Thank you for your patience and compliance during this self isolation period. If you have any questions, please contact Manager of Community Enrichment for Menno Place Apartments, Cheryl Dawes, at email@example.com or 604-851-4020.
All other protocols for Pavilion Independent Living and Long Term Care in Menno Home & Hospital remain unchanged.
CEO, Menno Place
P.S. Have you found our Family & Friends website? For information and updates, go to: www.MennoPlaceLife.com
For information and discussion with others whose loved one lives at Menno Place, please ask to join the Menno Place Family & Friends Facebook Group.